As the demand for quality CBD products increases, so has the hemp growing industry. CBD stands for cannabidiol, a natural compound found in hemp plants. You may have noticed hemp products popping up on your local store shelves, online, and in wellness centers. As more CBD products become available to consumers, differentiating the good from the bad and the ugly can be tricky.
If you are only recently noticing the proliferance of hemp products being advertised in the news, at brick and mortar locations or by online retailers, you may be asking yourself, “What the heck is hemp?” “Is CBD legal?” and “Can CBD make me high?”.
Here’s a quick run-down on hemp and CBD:
- Hemp plants are defined as any Cannabis plant that has 0.3 percent or less THC.
- Marijuana is classified as any Cannabis plant that contains over 0.3 percent THC,
- THC stands for tetrahydrocannabinol, the primary psychoactive compound in cannabis that makes you “high”.
- CBD is just one of over a hundred types of phytocannabinoids extracted from hemp plants.
- Phytocannabinoids are the naturally occurring cannabinoids found in the cannabis plant.
- Cannabinoids are the active chemicals found in cannabis plants that are similar to chemicals found in the human body associated with appetite, memory, movement, and pain.
- CBD does not make you high.
- CBD is the most abundant compound found in the hemp plant.
- CBD oil is made by extracting CBD from the cannabis plant, then diluting it with a carrier oil like coconut or hemp seed oil.
- CBD oil is also referred to as hemp oil or CBD hemp oil.
- Full spectrum hemp-extract products contain all the natural cannabinoids found in the cannabis plant, not just CBD (Cannabidiol).
- High quality Full spectrum hemp-extract products may ease symptoms such as chronic pain, inflammation and anxiety in some people. Improved sleep has also been attributed to CBD.
- Full spectrum hemp-extract products are often more effective than products that contain only isolated CBD molecules.
- Full spectrum hemp-derived compounds are valued for their effectiveness is promoting overall wellness.
The 2018 Hemp Farming Act removed hemp (federally defined as cannabis with less than 0.3% THC) from the schedule I of the Controlled Substances Act – making hemp-derived CBD legal (with restrictions) in all 50 states. (*marijuana-derived CBD however, is not legal federally).
One of the goals of the 2014 Farm Bill was to generate and protect research into hemp. The 2018 Farm Bill has expanded that effort and also makes hemp producers eligible for the federal crop insurance program and certain USDA research grants. This is good news for the hemp industry and for consumers who have been longing for better research and access to the healthful benefits of quality full spectrum hemp-extract products.
With so many variations and hemp formulas available on the market today, it may be hard to find a quality hemp-extract product that is best for you. Improper harvesting and manufacturing techniques can yield mold and bacteria growth which is why consumers must find a trusted and reliable source that sells only quality hemp-extract products produced in a sterile facility. Additionally, all products should be properly sealed and labeled.
Here are some things to consider when choosing quality CBD products:
- Does the CBD seller use medical and lab grade equipment to ensure that their products are always accurately dosed?
- Are the CBD products manufactured under sterile conditions?
- Does the CBD manufacturer use only the best raw materials and compounds in its products?
- Does the company have experience working with medical cannabis and hemp?
- Does the company develop effective products that actually deliver what they say they will?
- Does the company provide consistent, reliably dosed, lab-tested hemp-based products that promote overall wellness?
- Does the company provide CBD lab results on its website?
As doctors, scientists, farmers, business owners, and citizens fight for better research and access to cannabis-based products, their efforts are paying off. If you are interested in finding the highest quality hemp products on the market, please visit halcyonessentials.com or contact Halcyon Essentials at: firstname.lastname@example.org, 404-545-1235 to learn more about our high-quality hemp extract products including full spectrum CBD topicals, oils, CBD pet formulations, rapid liposomal delivery CBD skin and muscle cream, tinctures, capsules and much more. Halcyon Essentials is committed to values of integrity and professionalism and uses medical and lab grade equipment to ensure that its products are always accurately dosed and manufactured under sterile conditions following GMP and GLP protocols. All orders are shipped using USPS Priority Mail within 3-5 days upon receiving order.